Our School’s Story

Clerihan National school is a mainstream co-educational school. The original school was to be found on the Church grounds. This burned down and was replaced in 1944. It was replaced by a new two-teacher school in 1996.

The village has grown rapidly in the last decade and so has the school! We now have 8 bright and modern classrooms, 3 support rooms, a state of the art sports hall and large sports pitch and school yard. In 2019 we embarked on another exciting building project that has added 2 special classes for pupils with autism as well as a range of extra facilities. Check out our website over the next few months to see updates on our progress.

Our school is now a bustling 7 classroom/2 special class school with 206 children. We have an administrative principal, eight class teachers, two special class teachers, three special education teachers, six special needs assistants, full-time secretary and 3 part-time transport escorts as well as two part-time cleaners and a caretaker.

Our school crest shows our identity. We are a Catholic school dedicated to the pursuit of learning and developing the whole child academically, physically, spiritually, socially and emotionally. Our school motto ‘Ní Neart go Cur le Chéile’ or ‘No Strength without Unity’ reflects how we approach everything with team-work and friendship in Clerihan N.S.