Clerihan National school is a mainstream co-educational school. The original school was to be found on the Church grounds. This burned down and was replaced in 1944. It was replaced by our new school in 1996.
The village has grown rapidly in the last decade and so has the school!
Our school is now a bustling 7 classroom school with 201 children. We have an administrative principal, seven class teachers, three special education teachers, two special needs assistants and a full-time secretary.
Our school crest shows our identity. We are a Catholic school dedicated to the pursuit of learning and developing the whole child academically, physically, spiritually, socially and emotionally. Our school motto ‘Ní Neart go Cur le Chéile’ or ‘Strength in Unity’ reflects how we approach everything with team-work and friendship in Clerihan N.S.